Troubleshooting Siebel Web Services: No Active Web Service

Siebel 7.8 has the concept of inbound and outbound web services which provide a great deal of integration points with the Siebel application. It doesn’t mean that integration is straight forward though. Knowledge of the Siebel data model is a must. One thing that always catches me out when I set up a web service in the Siebel environment is this runtime error which is the fault returned when an operation on the generated WSDL is invoked:

There is no active Web Service with
operation named 'xxx'.
( SBL-EAI-04313 )

Getting a WS-I compliant web services working is a simple process in the ‘Administration – Web Services’ view:

  1. Select web service and change status to Active
  2. Select operation and change binding to ‘SOAP_DOC_LITERAL’
  3. Click on Generate WSDL button and save the WSDL file
  4. Click on Clear Cache button.

It’s the ‘Clear Cache’ button step I always forget. Perhaps now that I’ve written about it I won’t forget the next time and I hope you don’t either. However, if you ever come across SBL-EAI-04313 when you try to use a web service for the first time, click on the Clear Cache button before checking anything else.

6 thoughts on “Troubleshooting Siebel Web Services: No Active Web Service

  1. Hello,I’m working with web services in Siebel Version 7.7.2 and I have a problem when I try to use it. I put all the things i didIn Siebel toolsFirst I created a integration object with the product business component. Then I copied the EAI Siebel Adapter Business services to my project and renamed itI used only two methods (query and insert). I changed the siebelMessage method arg from hierarchy to integration object and put the name of my integration object in the value field.In siebel clientI created a new inbound web services (Active) then i created a new service port with my business serviceport: HTTPhttp:// SOAP_RPC_ENCODEDI created two operationsInsertQueryI generated the wdsl and imported in my .net project like a service reference. when i try to test it i have an errorSystem.ServiceModel.FaultException : There is no active Web Service with operation named ''.(SBL-EAI-04313)orSystem.ServiceModel.FaultException : There is no active Web Service with operation named ''.(SBL-EAI-04313)i looked for the error in internet and i saw some blogs ( that propose to change the binding I did it but i have the same error (I changed to the other two options SOAP_DOC_LITERAL, SOAP_RPC_LITERAL)Please, I need help. I don’t know what more can I do


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s